Saturday, October 5, 2013

A little PR and Decisions, Decisions!

This is an exciting time.  I got a little PR for the last tournament win at the Bassmasters Central Open #2 (Arkansas River), and a lot of congrats and comments from friends, family and even people I really don't know.  Although I will point out that there are no strangers in this world, only friends we haven't met yet. 

Here are a few of the media comments:

Now for the fun/frustrating part.  I am trying to figure out what to do with the boat certificate.  I am considering several options.  Do I sell the certificate or upgrade to a new boat.  If I upgrade, I need to sell mine.  My preference is the upgrade; however, the primary issue is the boat trade or sale (of my Cobra).  Having put a new motor (Evinrude 200 H.O.) on my boat this spring, I have a lot of money invested in my current rig.  Can I get enough out of it to make the deal work?  Yes, the motor has 4+ years of warranty remaining and it is transferable.  That's the good news as this is better than many new warranties on other brands.  The tough part is that trade-in values are much lower than retail (obviously), and finding a buyer on short notice can be difficult at best.  So, it is a difficult decision; however, I am not complaining.  It is a good problem to have.  I will say that Triton boats and their dealers (I will expand on this in later posts, post-decision) are awesome.  They are easy to work with and their effort is obvious as they try to assist me in making the best decision for me.  I would highly recommend Triton and an authorized Triton dealer if you are ever considering a boat, new or used.

As for 2014, I am planning and determining the schedules I will fish.  I am committed to the Bassmaster Central Opens as I move into the pro division and am scheduled to fish the Nebraska Bass Nation State tournament (Tablerock) and the Bassmaster Bass Nation Central Divisional (somewhere in Oklahoma).  The additional circuits I fish will largely be determined by potential sponsor opportunities.  The Central Everstarts are one option as well as regional BFL's or other divisions of the Bassmaster Open series, ABA, etc.  These will be finalized based on "if" I can secure sponsor commitments and their preference on additional exposure.  Fun, Fun, Fun!!!  I really mean that.  My goal is and has always been to fish at the highest level.  This is one step in the journey, and the experiences are ones that I will cherish always.

So for now, good fishing and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment