Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Home sweet Harlan!

Spent a few days fishing my home lake, Harlan County Reservoir.  I want to make sure I keep this updated weekly (at least) to keep anyone who is interested, updated.  Harlan has been phenomenal the last 2 seasons with regards to black bass!  I went out last week and absolutely "Hammered Them" flipping and swimming a bladed jig.  A cold front brought the bite to a crawl this weekend as water temps dropped 10 degrees and the fish finally got their revenge! Yes, that is a 4/0 wide gap hook embedded in my hand.  I boat flipped a 4 pounder and the bait flew out of it's mouth when it hit the deck.  I will say, it only hurt when we tried to pull it out.  By the way, that line trick doesn't work with a 4/0 hook!  The trip to the ER on a Sunday afternoon ruins a good day of fishing!




Made it back out yesterday to exact my revenge.  Got it, but my picture ended up in the lake with my wife's phone (that'll cost me).  Did start catching some bedding bass as the spawn is in full swing.  Water temps were 62 mid-lake and 65 in the coves.  The picture to the left is not the biggest caught (by far), but a solid representation of what is being caught.  Lot's of 3s, 4's and 5's!

Good Luck and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment